New vinyl & CD box set, focusing on the live recordings of Dire Straits, to coincide with the 40th anniversary of their show at Hammersmith in 1983, immortalized in the live album Alchemy. A follow-on release to 2013 vinyl box set and 2020 CD box set, The Studio Albums 1978 – 1991, with a similar package spec.
The box will feature:
* Newly remastered versions of Alchemy and On The Night, both of which are currently unavailable on vinyl (Alchemy was last pressed in the mid-eighties, On The Night was last pressed for the original release in 1993).
* An expanded version of Alchemy to include the existing digital/CD tracklist which includes ‘Love Over Gold’ and the extended versions of ‘Telegraph Road’, ‘Solid Rock’ and ‘Going Home’, with the addition of the full length performance of ‘Portobello Belle’ (an edit of which was released on the Money For Nothing compilation in 1998) as well as the unreleased songs from the performance – ‘Industrial Disease’ and ‘Twisting By The Pool’ (3LP / 2CD)
* An expanded version of On The Night to include tracks performed during the tour which have never been released, taken from multitrack recordings of shows in Nimes, Rotterdam and Paris: ‘Tunnel Of Love, ‘Telegraph Road’, ‘Sultans Of Swing’, ‘Two Young Lovers’, ‘When it Comes To You’, ‘I Think I Love You Too Much’. (4LP / 2CD)
* The EP Encores (remastered for Black Friday 2021) (12″ EP / CD)
* Licenced 1995 collection Live At The BBC (1LP / 1CD)
* The unreleased Dire Straits Live from the Rainbow Theatre show, 1979 – mixed by Guy Fletcher, and featuring guest performances from Phil Lynott and Tony de Meur on the last four tracks of the set (3LP / 2CD)
* Brand new booklet featuring a new essay by journalist Paul Sexton – ‘Making Milestones: The Momentous Road Years Of Dire Straits’